Milam Park

In the 1840s, the area of today's Milam Park was largely undeveloped, west of the city center but easily reached on foot and by wagon...

Another City park had already been named for Milam. Its name was changed to Maverick Park. By 1885, water pipes and sidewalks had been installed and trees planted, beginning the development of Milam Park as we know it today.

As the city grew, Milam Park was redeveloped in the early 1970s as a park used for passive purposes as part of a major redevelopment that included Market Square.

Photo Gallery

Featured Activities